Thursday, November 8, 2007

Matt is home!!!


Ok so guess what!? I'm am officially a player of raquetball, or in other words, I play racquetball...if that makes sense. I try to play most mornings with my friend from the branch Curtis and I'm finally getting pretty good at it. So I'm excited. Still nothing new from Post regaurding my new job doing some secretarial stuff, I really don't know what I'll be doing, but it is a 9-5 job and is a steady pay, and then hopefully i can see my family sometimes and friends since my schedule seems to be the exact opposite of everyones. But Applebee's is still going and is actually looking up. I'm slowly collecting quite the fan club and am beginning to have regulars and people asking for me, so it is nice. I have one of the waiters and one of the cooks who keep asking me out, so we have a bit of fun too.


Jonathan is driving me crazy and it makes me so sick of dealing with boys. Even though we're "friends" it seems like we were dating with all the time we spent together and now I don't even know him anymore it seems. But it is ok, because MATT IS HOME!!!!! It is nice having him back and all his knowledge with computers and everything, and to just have someone else around the house now that Dad is working everyday. I also did get a little surprise, Jed, the son of the family that I lived with who is out at school at BYU-Idaho and worked for the same company I went to Ethiopia with, we have been talking a lot and his Dad keeps trying to set us up....well he emailed me the other day to inform me he is coming home for Thanksgiving, and I'm so excited to finally meet this guy. I know we'll be fast friends.


I am still working hard at the piano and find it is easy for me to get lost in practicing and playing just the hymns everyday to keep me focussed and looking forward. I am also taking classes online through BYU independant study to keep busy and to keep up on my work, and also because it looks better for PA school.....6 more to hear from!!! I find I'm stretching myself to try new things and to reach out of myself, this is a time when I really can better who I am and it seems that the Lord is working hard to prepare me for the future. I'm working hard as the Enrichment counselor but we had our quarterly enrichment two weeks ago and no one showed up, and when i try to talk to them they seem to tune me out. So i'm praying alot about what this branch needs from me and what I can do to help this program, because it is suffering. it seems like I am rambling, and I am, but again life is progressing and going forward and things are looking up!!

1 comment:

  1. Nicki it sounds like you are doing so well--learning tons of new stuff and staying very busy! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your PA school! We miss you here tons! Thank you so much for the sweet comment on our blog.

    ReplyDelete