Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Beginning Our Adventures TOGETHER!!

For Dustin's Birthday we had been planning on going out to Utah for a few days to meet his family and some more of mine and just celebrate with everyone. Luckily it was Easter and General Conference and luckily I also attend a Catholic School who gets a Spring Break and an Easter Break so we were able to go out for about 5 days. One of these years BYU will discover the wonders of Spring Break, not to mention Easter Break!!

We were able to stay that night with my Aunt Phyllis and Uncle Rick and of course they came to love Dustin almost instantly. I mean it isn't hard!! Then we were able to eat Thursday lunch with Dustin's lifetime friend Nathan and his wife Michelle and their two kids. Then we headed down to Provo where my Aunt Linda and Uncle Jerry threw us an Engagement party. It was SO nice! Once again everyone loved Dustin and it was so nice to be able to see family and friends that I haven't seen in so long and meet this wonderful man by my side. Thank you Linda and Jerry and everyone who made the trip to come down and see us!!
Friday was Dustin's Birthday and we were privileged to go to lunch with my mom, sister and her friend with Dustin's parents at Tucanos!!! Yum!!! I've never been there, but I am proud to admit that I'm a carnivore after that experience.
We then went to pick up his sister Melanie and head off to his sister Sharla's house. I was quite nervous because I'd only met his parents before and that was before we were even dating, so I was just trying to stay calm and hope that I would handle it as well as Dustin meeting all my extended family!
I had nothing to worry about!! What an amazing family of course! We were immediately greeted when we pulled up by children running to come see us. The rest of the weekend was spent playing games and watching conference and getting to know everyone. And there were some things that I actually learned about Dustin.
First is that his sister Melanie always finds the greatest gifts.....and that Dustin likes to put things on his head. He didn't want me to put this one up, but it is too funny with Ruby laughing and sticking her hands over her face and Dustin's look at me as I just don't know what to think. Yes I Love that man!!
Ok so I already knew Dustin Loves to play the piano and sing but it was so nice to hear his family playing and singing and how incredibly talented they are. Dustin has ADORABLE nieces and nephews who love their Uncle Dustin and want to do whatever he does. Can you blame them??

Dustin had previously told me his love of ice cream, but I learned that this was a whole new level of love. Here is him and his delicious ice cream cake. It looks like I better learn how to make ice cream cakes or develop a special relationship with Dairy Queen.
After we got back from Utah the next weekend we decided to go Downtown to see the Cherry Blossom Festival. Unfortunately the heat killed all the blossoms so it was more of just a Festival then anything else, but we still were able to just walk around the Tidal basin and see the trees and monuments.
Dustin was really hungry!
The Cherry Blossoms were gone but there were still so many flowers in bloom and trees everywhere that it was nice just to walk around and enjoy the green and spring!
Dustin Loves Flowers :)

But most importantly....18 more days!!! Wahoo!! Not that we're totally excited or anything :)
Loading image
Click anywhere to cancel
Image unavailable

3 comments:

  1. Nicki...again I say, this boy was made for your family! Also, isn't it nice to share life with someone?? You will love being married. I know it! I can't believe there are only 18 days left! I hope you are ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you decided to update, i mean I needed a Nicki fix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We so enjoyed having you two out here! You are such a delightful person, and I'm excited to have you officially join our family! As of the day I'm posting this comment, you only have 10 days left! Wahoo!! :)

    ReplyDelete