Friday, June 17, 2011

Rappelling at Great Falls

Dustin here.  I thought I'd share some of our recent activities especially since this is one of my favorite past times.

At the end of May, we went to Great Falls with Nicki's family to do some rappelling.  The river was really high making some spots inaccessible.  But, we were able to find a decent spot and set things up.

I want to note, before I get into the pictures, that this event was particularly important because we needed to introduce Li'l D to such an important Hinton family tradition.  With such an early start, Li'l D will no doubt carry on this family tradition.


 Nicki's a natural and was the first one down.  Once again, she aptly demonstrates one more reason why I love her so much.

 There might not be anything quite as comfortable as the tight, diaper-like fit of a rappelling harness.


 Carter and me shooting the breeze.  Carter's skill in this area are also really solid, not to mention the entire Shepherd family.

 Dad Shepherd makin' sure everything's goin' smooth while Nicki triumphantly returns.  We definitely had a good time, and we most certainly will be doing this often.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! And way to make it to 16 weeks so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rappelling east of the Rockies? Impossible! Next you'll be telling me there are some sweet slot canyons around DC.

    I'm glad you're getting an early start on teaching Li'l D what's important. Michelle has told me I will never take Addison on a canyon, but I've got a few years to work on her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know Nate if there is anything I can do to help. I'm willing to assist in anyway!

    Thanks Shonna!

    ReplyDelete