Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Creme Brulee

So we have an awesome torch and I still feel like I'm learning how to use it and when to use it, etc but the other night for FHE (Family Home Evening on Monday Nights) we made Creme Brulee for treats. This was Snickerdoodle Creme Brulee that I found on Pinterest here:

http://www.tasteandtellblog.com/2011/11/snickerdoodle-creme-brulee/

Here Dustin is playing with fire.




Ok, so I need some help with my technique. We've tried it twice and the first time I guess we didn't do it long enough, but the second time we torched it a lot longer and it got just crunchy and greasy....so did I do it for too long?? My experts out there what am I doing wrong??

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I don't actually know for sure, for SURE, because I have never used one personally. But, I do go to this patisserie here in Sac and get things that need to be torched all the time and there is one thing I noticed? When they flame it, they hold the torch at an even level with the dessert, and a little further away.

    So instead of pointing it at the dessert like a gun, downward facing, they would hold it parallel so the underside of the flame is just barley warming up the top of it. So, they would be holding it, for example, so it's shooting towards the wall instead of the table, and with the big silver part where the fuel is, like below the counter.

    Does that make sense? I don't know how to describe it good without showing you. Maybe it will help, maybe not, but it's an idea!

    ReplyDelete