Monday, September 10, 2007

Dear Kansas City

so I thought it was about time I let everyone know that I'm still alive. Things are going pretty well here in Leavenworth, KS and I love the Kansas City area. There is so much to do here!! I went to the Royals vs. Yankees game Friday night, will be going to the Royals vs. Indians game in two weeks, went to a Chiefs preseason football game and got to watch John Beck QB for the Dolphins, I'm going to a KU vs. Ohio State basketball game, Wizards MLS game...like I said, tons of stuff to do. Even the art museum here is incredible and ranked 15th in the world. It is beautiful here and there are also tons of church sites in the area as well. I love the singles branch and there are two brothers, Jonathan and James that I do everything with and we've fast become friends. They both call me their sister, and it has been fun. I was also set apart last week as the Enrichment counselor in the Relief Society Presidency. This will be my 5th presidency in just over 3 years. I think the Lord is trying to tell me something!!!! But I'm also excited that Matt will be coming home in a little over a month, it will be so nice to have him here too.
I'm still working as a waitress at Applebees and looking for another job somewhere in the Medical Field here, which hasn't proven very promising, but I'm not giving up. I so like working as a waitress, it has its ups and downs. I love the people, especially my friend Matt. When I'm not with the Griffith Brothers I'm with Matt. But I think everybody should be a waitress or work some form of customer service in their life. It would make a lot more jobs more enjoyable. I did have the creepiest guy wait for 5 hours at his table before he finally asked me to "meet him somewhere private in 5 min" and he's lucky I didn't slug him. I've never been hit on so much in my life!! But I've met some amazing people as well.

We are moving into our house this weekend!! Sept 15th and I'm so excited!!! It is beautiful and only 3 min from work and even though I love the Stephensens and will miss both of them terribly, I can't wait to have my own room again and to not have to feel like we are imposing anymore. But we sure have made great friends and I will consider them as parents for the rest of my life.

Well, I think that is about it. I'll try to do this thing more often, so we'll see. Life is great!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey- I am glad that you added something to the blog- I thought that I was going to remove you off my list since you never added anything. Yeeah for Nicki!

    ReplyDelete