Yes, I know, I haven't written for almost two months...but trust me, it isn't for lack of caring, but for lack of a life I guess you could say. And not that my life is boring, it just is that nothing life changing has happened, or exciting. But apparently people told me that they've read my blog and need updates...so here we go again!
First of all, I am beginning to love my job working as an MA for a pediatrics office. It is a little slow now that the flu and roto virus have calmed down, but I'm learning a lot. Especially now that my doctor isn't so crazy busy she will explain things and help me learn. Dr. Prentice is trying to convince me to do Med School because she thinks I'll be so great, but I can't bare the thought of that much more schooling. After being out for a year I'm beginning to wonder how I'll even be able to get through PA school. But there is this 2 month old set of triplets that I love and want to take home with me. And another 4 month old, they seriously are so cute. I have baby fever pretty bad, lets just put it that way.
My roommate Jenny is now dating a really great guy name Mitch, so I don't see her a ton, but it is such a blessing to have the girls down stairs. We'll take turns making dinner for eachother and I'll pretty much hang out at their place so I don't feel so lonely. I did also finaly convince my friend Allen to try Ethiopian food, it first took a while to find a restuarant that actually looked authentic, but it was!! I had almost forgotten how much I did like some of the food. Much if it I could actually do without, but some of it was pretty tasty. I just wish they had sprees, that is what I miss the most. Some of my friends are trying to convince me to write a fictional story based off of my experience there and sort of make it a way to get to know the culture, and now that I'm almost done with my certification classes, I've been brainstorming some ideas. I doubt I'd ever get it published, but it would be fun to have. Sounds like a good christmas present....hum...maybe...maybe. :)
I am finally feeling as if Phoenix is home and that this isn't some prolonged vacation. Mom and the kids will visit in abotu two weeks to bring me some furniture and the rest of my things so I can actually settle down here and have everything. They are still in the process of moving in with my Grandma Shepherd in Washington DC, but dad has one job hopefully that looks very promising. I've made quite a few friends. They also recently formed a new singles ward that I'm in the boundaries of and I love it. It is nice to show up and be just Nicki and start fresh. It is a lot smaller than the last ward and so a lot easier to meet people. I'm very excited and thouraghly enjoying it so far.
As far as boys go I've been making friends, and I did get asked to go on a date by a guy I met once to a reception of someone I didn't know, but it was nice and short, and very interesting. Then some of us girls, and two priesthood holders, play basketball once a week and one of the guys after seeing me make same crazy shot on accident asked me for my number and wants to take me out. But he is from the Dominican Republic, and I still have it ingrained in my head that any foreinger who falls for you that quickly is only looking to get US citizenship...I've lived in too many different countries I guess. But I'll still give him a chance:) I know I'm so gracious right!? :)
I'm still working to save for the 2010 World Cup. Feb 2009 is getting closer! That is when I'll buy the tickets. I also had the most wonderful news. My good friend Jason from high school joined the army and is in officer training and there are a few members of the church in his group. And when he found out they were Members of the church he told them he took the discussions and went to church in high school and his good friend was a mormon and he's been going to church with them ever since when they aren't in the field and he is even reading the Book of Mormon again!! That is such a blessing. He is someone who I always knew would look into the church again. But I'll keep you posted!! Besides that life is grand. I'm still living the Dream and waiting patiently for my turn for PA school and to figure out what I want to do with my life!!
I'm so glad that you updated your blog. I'm glad to know that you are still alive down there. I love you and i hope that all works out!!!
ReplyDelete