So I wonder if anyone actually ever reads this or if I'm jsut writing to the world wide web, but so be it. I'm really bad at this obviously. First of all if anyoen does read this and since my mom doesn't, her 50th Birthday is April 23rd and we're trying to compile a book of letters to her from people of their favorite memroy or a way in which she has touched their lives. So if you could write one asap and then email it to me at nicolemshepherd@gmail.com I'd love you forever.
Ok, so I moved to Pheonix because things were getting interesting in Kansas. I left behind my boyfriend Dave who did get baptised and is growing so much in the church and just a powerhouse. He's amazing and I'm glad we have the opportunity to stay friends. It is incrediable to watch him grow in the gospel and I can honestly bare you testimony that having him get baptized was one of the greatest joys in my life thus far. Sharing the gospel is so important and it will forever change people's lives.
I'm living in a furnitureless apartment currnetly with my old college roommate Jenny Burris and we love it. It is like we live on a resort or soemthing with pools and palm trees and green grass, a fitness center, waterfalls (fake of course) yeah...my own room, own bath, and even walk-in closet. Even dispite the fact that everything I own is in their and it is not even half-way filled. :) But greatest of all being here is that fact that I've had the opportunity to see people who mean more to me than anything. I was able to go to dinner with Sarah, the nurse I went to Ethiopia with and catch up because she drove a few hours to come see me, and various other friends, or course Jenny and her family who let me live in their house for three weeks while waiting for our apartment to become available.
I'm working in a pediatrics office, currently in the front office until I finish my certification and then I'll work in the back as the medical assistant for Dr. Shepherd (yes I know so cool and she even spells it the right way!!). I'm learning a lot more about the medical field already and about how challenging but rewarding pediatrics can be...except for the raging angrey parents of course. But I plan on applying to school again in a year, I'm talking with some PA schools down here and continuing to take classes online. No, no boys yet, I'm still a little scared of them after the whole Dave experience, but there are two Preisthood quarums in our ward and over 360 young single adults, so my options are out there. Don't worry Grandma I'm not trying to be your only un-married Granddaughter! :) But life it hard, I'm still adjusting, I still work at Applebees here once a week and sometimes I pick up a shift here and there when I have the time. But most of all I love my Savior!! And He has already taught me so much in the short month i've been here.
Of course we check your blog!!! But i was beginning to think that you were not going to update! So i'm glad that you did!! I hope that things work out the way they are suppose to for you. Good Luck. I love you lots!!
ReplyDeleteYeahI read your blogs- I feel that no one looks at my blog so I did this neocounter and actually there are tons of people that look at my blog! I love you
ReplyDeleteNicki! I just found your blog again and have you ever been busy. Congrats on the move out on your own--I admit I would be too chicken but you are so much braver than me. I know that PA school will work out for you and you are so amazing to patiently wait it out. Good luck with the job and your apartment sounds faintly surreal and kinda makes me want a waterfall:) Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteNicki-
ReplyDeleteHey great to see all the things you are doing! I just started a blog so check it our candy0522.blogspot.com we can stay in touch...good luck with PA school, i would love to do that someday...=cami lucherini evans