Ok so here I go again for a quick update. I moved into a cute little house with my old roommate Jen Armstrong and the ne
west addition to our posse, Bonnie Jeane Lynes. It is a little 3 bedroom 2 bath house that came furnished so I didn't have to buy a bed!! Wahoo!! But we did bust out my 42 inch flat screen I won at my work Christmas party, and it is pretty nice I must admit. I still have not gotten my other furniture from storage, but when I do I'll post the "After" pictures.
Then at work my Medical Assistant Certification still hadn't gone through, so about a month ago they moved me to helping check patients in every morning and then I'm running triage in the afternoon. So I basically spend my afternoons on the phone tell parents how to help their children's cough and reassuring them that their child isn't going to die. I have to wear my g
lasses everyday now since staring at the screen was giving me horrible headaches every day, so I feel even more sexy in my glasses and scrubs every day. But I am learning SO much doing triage. I learned all about eczema and ringworm today. And I can do pink eye, cough, croup, and constipation protocols in my sleep now. Oh and lice, you can't forget the parents that keep calling about their children and lice. But my I did finish all my classes for BYU Independent Study and also all my classes for my certification, so I talked to American Medical Technologists today and they said I should be able to call them on Friday about my approval to finally take the national Registered Medical Assistant certification exam. But they are moving me to run another doctor, Dr. Hineman. Who is a very nice lady, but has a very strong personality and they needed a MA who would be able to handle her...so guess who got that job?! Yep. But I'm sure it will be great and I'll learn from her just as I learned so much from Doctor Shepherd. But I will miss Dr Shepherd so much!! I did also attend Dr Prentice's Wedding on Valentine's Day which was very nice and reminded me how nice Arizona is in the winter since we had the entire wedding outside!!
Ok, and even more news...wait for it...wait for it.....I'm 25!! Ah!! Ok, so it isn't that big of a deal, and to tell you the truth I think I like 25 better then 24. But I had a great Birthday. I woke up with signs over the house wishing my happy birthday, including one in the fridge, which freaked me out (I jumped like ten feet, yes white girls can have hops too!). And J
en had a nice bathrobe for me since my room is in the back of the house and the bathroom in the front, that way I don't have to walk around the house in my towel. :) Then the girls at work decorated my little triage cubicle in pink, yes because they know me well enough to know that I'm not exactly the biggest fan of pink. And they decorated my desk with flowers and bought me lunch and made me wear this big pink ribbon saying it was my birthday. Then I came home and jammed with Jen on our guitars and Bonnie Jeane bought us Thai for dinner. yes my very very favorite, which I insisted we eat on the floor. Then they sang to me and I had to blow out candles on my football field cake (how convenient that the Super Bowl was only a week ago)!! And they got me beautiful flowers too!!
Then on Friday a bunch of us went out to Teppanyaki and my old roommate who live in Mesa, Katherine a
nd Michele drove up. dinner was delicious and of course I had to have some sushi too!! And then we went and saw "New in Town" which was absolutely adorable. And on Saturday we had a house warming/birthday party with delicious food, of course karaoke, and games. I think we played Nerts for about two hours. It really was a great birthday. And I laughed because my family know me SO well.....I finally got my Ballack Jersey! It only made pretty much my entire life!! And then a sleeping bag, so now I have NO excuse to not go camping. I'm just only slightly excited. :)
Then on Valentine's Day my roommates and our friend Tammy decided to get together and have a Murder Mystery Dinner and make the best of Singles Awareness D
ay. Oh my goodness it was so fun!! The worst part was trying to find a date, or even get up the courage to ask a guy, I think I lost a few years off my life just from the stress of having to do that, but I survived!! But our group was perfect and we all fit our characters and really enjoyed the evening. We already have another game to do in a few weeks again......but I'm not even going to think about having to find another date.....
Besides that there are a few more eventful things coming up soon which I'm looking forward to!! I did speak an
d teach in church two weeks ago which was an interesting but incredible learning experience. I did get rejection letters for PA school from Midwestern and James Madison and I'm still waiting to hear from PCOM. But Southern University (the one in Savannah) did contact me today because they don't start until January 2010 and applications aren't due until March to make sure I was still interested in applying for their program. I'm looking at other masters programs and things to do if I don't get in, because I can't remain sane as a MA for the rest of my life. But I'm grateful for all I've learned and the experiences that my current job has been teaching me. I know the Lord has a plan, but any suggestions for a career in the medical field would be greatly appreciated!!
Seriously Nicki I love your posts they are great! I forgot to tell you I too loved 25 and I still think of myself as 25 yrs old, so when Grandma and I were talking awhile back and I had to think of your age it threw me that you where actually 25! Anyways, seriously I think you would mke an amzing nurse and then if you want you could go into being a NP. I have thought this for years and since you asked for advice there it is take it as you will! I love you!
ReplyDelete