Saturday, April 11, 2009

Living the Dream!!!

So I have been busy these past few weeks, and having a blast of course. I saw two more Operas with Sarah. The first one was Mozart's "Don Giavanni" and then Pucinni's "Tosca". Both very good. It was nice to have something to dress up for and to have an excuse to have Sarah come down from Colorado. And we had a lot of adventures while on the way. I think we have a curse to be perpetually late to the opera or something. It never seemed to work out, but we made it...eventually!! And now you all know how I am even more a dork then you thought. Yes, I love the opera :)

I also recently took a trip to Washington DC to visit my family and go to the DC temple. It was an incrediable experience and it came at the right time in my life. I was able to see my old friend that I knew from growing up in the Kirtland Stake and her husband, Cambria and Sean Neumann. So fun that they live in the same ward with my parents. And then Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Bob came up as well which was SO great of them! And of course it was so great to see President Ed Shultz or "Opa" attend the session with me as well. And then after a few relaxing days of spending time with the parentals and fam, we drove to met Jessica and her man Kelan halfway and ate dinner at Chili's just so I could see my beloved sister. One of them that is. :) But seriously, I think Jessica and I have been banned from ever appearing together in public again.

What else, I yes I think I've finally figured out what I'm going to do with school. I'm going to cover all my bases now. I'm going to move back to DC to live with the fam until I get settled, and now that I'm finally certified I can apply for lots of fun MA jobs in the DC area, and then I'm applying to a few of the schools in the area to get a Post Bach and take more Organic Chem, Genetics again, Physiology again, more Bio Chem, a few more chem labs, things like that while I'm applying for a Masters in Public Health. Then if that doesn't work I'm applying to nursing school AND PA school again since I'd have a wider base of classes taken by then, and then if I do nursing I'll just go the Nurse Practitioner route. So keeping all my bases covered. I'll probably move out there at the end of summer when my housing contract is over.

Oh, for General Conference I also went to Mesa and stayed with Katherine and Michelle and we continued the tradition from college where we built a tent in the living room and watched General conference. We also orderd in Chinese food and Katherine had the joy of her first experience of Chinese Take Out and watching a Chick Flick while in a tent. She was actually just excited that they came in the cute boxes.

I have also been asked by my good friend Robin Cupal from work to be her bridesmaid in October. And the BEST part of the whole thing (yes I know, this makes Bridesmaid #10, if I only had saved all my dresses, then I could have had my own closet of bridesmaid's dresses, 27 dresses watch out, I'm catching on to you) is that she is getting married in M*ch*g*n!! Yes, believe it or not I'm going to be able to stay with Nate and Mari and visit them. And perhaps catch a football game at the Big House. Just for the pure love of football mind you. I'd never ever betray my Bucks.

2 comments:

  1. So I seriously thought about trying to convince my roommates to build a fort in the living room with me for conference, but then my parents came into town. Aww..those were the good old days though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you and the changes coming to your life! I know you will be successful and happy with these decisions! When EXACTLY will you be leaving???

    ReplyDelete