Besides that life is grand. My quilt is coming along great, when I make a bit more progress I'll post some pictures. I'm SO close to finishing the biography of "John Adams" which has been such a great learning experience. What a neat man!! And most importantly I finally finally was able to go camping!! Thursday night Bonnie Jeane and I were sitting in the living room and we've been planning with our friends for months to try and go camping, but something always seemed to come up. So we decided we'd just go. And Bonnie Jeane had never been to Sedona so we thought we'd give it a shot right after work on Friday.
So besides a few setbacks, like leaving a lot later then planned, and BJ leaving her purse at home when we were already 30 min away and so trying to meet up with Jen somewhere in between to get it, and then not being able to find a camping site because they were all FULL!!! So here's some of the adventure......
This actually wasn't a bad camping ground for finding it at 9pm on a Friday night. Yeah for being right next to the latrines. :) But we had a great fire (started by me, thank you very much) and then just chilled, talked, read (yeah we're dorks, but at least we know it) and we were going to roast marshmallows, but granola bars and fruit snacks are so much more accessible. Sleeping in my new sleeping bag I got for my Birthday!! This was the first chance I had to use it outdoors. That is me dreaming of said fruit snacks.
Cooking chicken and veggies over BJs really cool portable "stove", or oven burner if you will. With our efforts combined we can made some dang good food though.
Just some of the places we ran into while hiking around Saturday....
BJs amazing balancing skills
Yeah I'm sort of a big deal

And of course we can't forget about Easter!! Jen's Dad was in town and we went to the Easter Pageant at the Temple, which, despite what my friends might have thought, they did a pretty good job. But when we got home I was pretty insistent that we color eggs just because my old roommates and I did it all through college and would have Easter egg hunts. So we colored the most amazing eggs, compliments of our friend Emily, and then Jen's dad hid the eggs in our house Sunday morning. And we spend Easter Dinner at Emily's house, compliments of her wonderful parents!!
And of course we can't forget about Easter!! Jen's Dad was in town and we went to the Easter Pageant at the Temple, which, despite what my friends might have thought, they did a pretty good job. But when we got home I was pretty insistent that we color eggs just because my old roommates and I did it all through college and would have Easter egg hunts. So we colored the most amazing eggs, compliments of our friend Emily, and then Jen's dad hid the eggs in our house Sunday morning. And we spend Easter Dinner at Emily's house, compliments of her wonderful parents!!
Us up and rearing to go with our Easter Baskets in hand. Since I was the baby of the house they so graciously let me go first.

Only the most amazing egg ever. Seriously, you are all better people now for it and can sleep better at night knowing that an Ohio State Buckeyes Easter Egg exists. Life fulfillment worthy.
Hey girl! Sounds like you had an awesome Easter! And YAY FOR COLORING EGGS! I can't wait to see you today!!! :)
ReplyDelete