Also part of me getting ready to go back to school has been taking advantage of my dental and vision insurance while I still have it. This picture is of me right after I had my wisdom teeth pulled. All four and the bottom two ere impacted and the bone was getting infected. I was retarded and didn't think it would be a big deal and had them removed on my day off on Tuesday and showed up to work the next day. My boss thought I was crazy and after lunch overruled my comments that I was ok and could work and sent me home and told me that I could only come back the next day if I had a doctor's note. Thank you Shar, I hurt more then I thought it would. I also had three fillings and my teeth cleaned and then got new glasses, which I am sporting in the picture as well.
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Moving Preparations
So I have been busy getting everything ready for the big move to DC on August 1st. A part of that has been trying to get all my projects finished, trying to decrease as much junk as possible. I also have gone into panic mode and am trying to do all sorts of things that I know I won't have time for once I'm back in school. This quilt has been the most recent project I've been working on. It still has a long way to go, but this is how much I have done so far. I'm still learning how to sew straight, which I've learned isn't easy when you are sewing all sorts of different type of fabrics together, but I'm getting better. You can tell I started on the left and worked my way to the right because my sewing is straighter :)
I have also been going into high speed reading mode with all the books that I've been trying to read. I got 16 books from a second hand store when I went to go visit my friend Sarah (the girl I went to Ethiopia with) in Grand Junction, Colorado for a week. I just realized that I didn't post a blog about that...I will do that next. But I have already read "The Historian" and have almost complete "Band of Brothers" about Easy company in WWII and "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis. I have already learned so much from these books and can't wait to read what else I bought. I absolutely Loved and I mean Loved "John Adams" and also just finished John Berandt's "City of Fallen Angels" about the burning of the Fenice, Venice's Opera house in 1996.
Also part of me getting ready to go back to school has been taking advantage of my dental and vision insurance while I still have it. This picture is of me right after I had my wisdom teeth pulled. All four and the bottom two ere impacted and the bone was getting infected. I was retarded and didn't think it would be a big deal and had them removed on my day off on Tuesday and showed up to work the next day. My boss thought I was crazy and after lunch overruled my comments that I was ok and could work and sent me home and told me that I could only come back the next day if I had a doctor's note. Thank you Shar, I hurt more then I thought it would. I also had three fillings and my teeth cleaned and then got new glasses, which I am sporting in the picture as well.
Also part of me getting ready to go back to school has been taking advantage of my dental and vision insurance while I still have it. This picture is of me right after I had my wisdom teeth pulled. All four and the bottom two ere impacted and the bone was getting infected. I was retarded and didn't think it would be a big deal and had them removed on my day off on Tuesday and showed up to work the next day. My boss thought I was crazy and after lunch overruled my comments that I was ok and could work and sent me home and told me that I could only come back the next day if I had a doctor's note. Thank you Shar, I hurt more then I thought it would. I also had three fillings and my teeth cleaned and then got new glasses, which I am sporting in the picture as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the quilt. I have always wanted to make a quilt out of all my old t-shirts!
ReplyDelete