So this might not sound like a project, but it has been something that I've been working on since I quite my job a week or so ago. Dustin and I have trying to be better at eating, and eating a wider variety of vegetables and raw things, and of course I have been trying to make different recipes than normal, and trying to keep our fridge stocked and prepared for when Lil'D comes.
So this is the produce we got for our first week of Washington Green Grocers. They email you each week with what is in their box from local, organic produce and you can decide if you want it that week or not. Then if there are things you don't want you can swap it for something else, and decide if you want it every week, every other week, or just when you want it. And then they deliver it to your door on Wednesday.
I LOVE this! I made potato fennel gratin and butternut squash couscous stew and broccoli salad, and we've had spinach dip and all sorts of good salad and raw fruits, it has been great! I'm totally sold that is for sure! And who doesn't want to have to pick up their groceries?!?
Here is the potato fennel recipe. I used left over half and half from my fridge and chevre instead of the cream, but was still very pleased with the outcome!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/potato-fennel-gratin-recipe/index.htmlHere is the couscous recipe. I added chunks of beef and more couscous to make it less of a stew (we've been having lots of soups lately) and more substantial. This one was for sure amazing!!
Also, it doesn't seem like much of a project, but it has been big for me to try and start working on a food storage for us. I've been trying to get things as they go on sale and again prepare more for after the baby by having more food available, and we hope that we'll be able to stock up and with getting the fresh produce delivered every other week that we won't have to go to the grocery store as much....hopefully. :) But it has been nice already to have, and just feels good knowing that we have lots of options of things to make and eat in the house. This of course is a work still in progress and always will be, but I think it is a learning experience for me for sure!

No comments:
Post a Comment