So this last Saturday was our stake service day and we thought it was such a great idea! They had a 5k run, 1 mile walk and 100 yard kid dash. To enter the race the fee was 5 cans to donate for hunger and they organized it with another company who takes food donations. It was a success, we filled 7 trucks of food and every got a workout and had a fun time.
What was even more fun was Dad, Jessica, David and Josh all decided to come out too and run, or walk with us. So Dad and I walked the 1 mile and everyone else ran the Mountain Man 5k course.
Here is Dustin before the race, he's super excited as always!! And it was cold!!
Jessica getting ready for the warm up! You could tell our family apart from everyone else because of the Ohio State gear. LOVE it!David didn't get the Ohio State memo.....
Dad ended up being the "caddy" for all of everyone's stuff they shedded before the race, but was happy to do it.
And just to prove I was actually there, belly and all.....
So I can't believe I didn't get pictures of everyone crossing the finish line, but I was chatting when we saw first Josh run in, then Dustin, then David and Jessica. From what they say it was a SUPER rough course! We're glad they all made it!
But we got pictures of Jessica running in at the end! She did great! It was extremely hilly, with extreme up and downs, and lots of rocks and roots as they ran through the woods.Jessica even fell over a rock but being the awesome Shepherd girl she is, just got back up and kept running!!
We want to of course keep running, and doing races together, and I am excited for the time when I can rejoin them!!
But I'm sure you guessed Dad and smoked it on the 1 mile walk. :)

What a great idea! Glad to see everyone finished. And the nursery looks so cute!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed seeing the pictures and seeing this from your point of view. I read it on the LDS newsline through the Deseret News, too :)Good job!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I agree it was a good idea. However, it was my all time worst 5k time. I'm plum out of shape.
ReplyDelete