If anyone has ever wondered what we do together as mother daughter and how we spend our time....have no fear!! This blog will fulfill every wish and dream.
So mom and I both had a day off last week and we were both in DESPERATE need, and I mean DESPERATE need of groceries. We had gone down to South Carolina for Thanksgiving and so mom and I both had not gone seriously grocery shopping in a long time. It was so bad that Josh, little Josh, said there was nothing in the freezer....and he was right. It literally took me 30 minutes of some serious searching when we were visiting mom and dad's to watch the Ohio State game to find anything to make. So off to the commissary mom and I went. This place is like a grocery shoppers haven, unless you are buying sale items. I can get for a regular price my favorite Tostitos Limes Chips at Giant here for 3.99, but at the commissary it was 2.19. I needed some cumin, which is normally about $4-5 at Giant, but I got the exact same thing for $1.99 instead. So this is where I get mom to take me when I know it is time to restock. And they even come with large grocery carts, like COSTCO size grocery carts. And mom filled hers until things were falling off whenever she turned. And that was with some serious planning by doing the cans and non perishables first so as to fit more. Like I said, this was a serious grocery shopping trip.
It took us 30 minutes to get rung up at the cash register, and that is seriously not an exaggeration. and the best part of all was that we drove mom's Mini Cooper!!! If you ever wanted to know what $600 of groceries looked like in a Mini Cooper we will also fulfill that wish at this moment!!
Now you have to also imagine what it is like with my feet on top of groceries and groceries in my lap as well...and the box of Triscuits that continued to attack me throughout the drive to mom's. And then we went back to mom's and switched cars so we could run to COSTCO since it was the first day of coupons and we needed some things from there. It was quite the day.But the best part was me getting home and carrying all the groceries up the stairs...and then trying to figure out where to put all the groceries on our little apartment and even smaller kitchen with only one cupboard. So just imagine a very very packed freezer...I had to take everything out and rearrange it multiple times to get it all to fit, and then pack the fridge, and then I had to come to the cupboard....cue visual aid.

And there you have it. That is multiple layers of food, and food stacked on top and food in our bellies :)
I would love to go on a shopping trip like that. Unfortunately, I still have to share a fridge and cupboard space with three other girls. I am really looking forward to only having to share with my husband :)
ReplyDeleteGreat coordination and nice job! I'm assuming you were able to figure out whose sacks were whose very easily? :) I loved being able to shop at the PX. . .way back when. . .
ReplyDelete