So for my birthday we had the most wonderful day. Dustin was so great and just did whatever I felt like that day. It started with him bringing me breakfast in bed. Ok, it really started with us sleeping in and waking up and him telling me I'm not allowed to leave the room so I stayed and read for awhile in bed.
Then he brought me some french toast and he came and ate in bed with me. But he had never made french toast before so he looked up how to do it on YouTube. That is my husband, he doesn't look up a recipe, he looks up a video! It tasted great!!
Then we decided to open some of the gifts before getting ready for the day! Here is Dustin and his amazing wrapping job! The suitcases were from his parents since I didn't have any and I have seemed to be traveling a lot lately...and Dustin bought me this awesome awesome coat that I LOVED when we went to REI a few weeks before but it wasn't on sale then so we didn't get it. I LOVE that coat! It is so great and keeps me warm and was perfect for when we went snowboarding again a few weeks later!



Then we went to Mt Vernon since I had never been there and had talked about wanting to go there since I moved here 18 months ago. So we took on the rain and grey weather and went and got season passes, so if anyone wants to go we'll come with you! I especially want to do the National Treasure tour when they take you to the tunnels that are on the grounds that are in the movie, and also the Christmas tour. It is BEAUTIFUL there. If I was George Washington I'd rather have stayed there too! The property is gorgeous. So there we went and there I am sporting my awesome new coat!
We then went to Ben's Chili Bowl which I first heard about on Food Network and how it was supposed to have the best chili around. You also go for just the atmosphere. The line was out the door at 3pm on a rainy Saturday, and they are cash only. Yes they are that good! We got their turkey chili dog and it was amazing!! So glad we went there and will for sure go again. We'll take anyone who comes to DC! It is truly an awesome experience.







No comments:
Post a Comment