Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Random Happenings

Not long ago we were told that we live very exciting lives and keep very busy. This post is to show you how ordinary we really are and that we live pretty simple lives. The thing is I only really blog every few weeks and so you only see the exciting tidbits of our adventures.

So on a regular day we usually go to work and come home, have a very simple dinner, watch a movie, or an episode of whatever T.V. show we are currnetly into off of Netflix, or we read or play Rook and then go to bed. The only difference is on days I don't work (I usually only work 3 days a week) I make dinner, clean, do laundry, grocery shop, run errands, etc.

Here we are on a Sunday after church. I get cold easily and so I like to wear pajama pants under my skirts when we get home from church and today I wanted to spice up my life a little bit and wear Dustin's Batman P.J.'s.
This is Dustin in his new sweater we got using our gift cards from the wedding (yes we are still using the last bit of some of them!) and also his VERY short haircut. I bought new clippers since we'd always borrow my moms, and the sizes are different than I'm used to...and we discovered this after I had already started to clip...oops!! But Dustin was very good and appreciative and just reminded me that it will grow back!!
For our 8 month anniversary we decided to celebrate since we weren't able to celebrate our 6th month. This entailed Dustin's church basketball game at 8am, then us coming home and me taking a nap. I came to the front room to find these beautiful flowers waiting for me! Then we went and I played in the women's church basketball game and we went out for frozen custard and came home and watched a movie. It was a great and relaxing day, and we just did exactly what we wanted!!





This is us playing Rook, which is something you'll find us doing frequently at night. If you have any suggestions of more fun games for two we'll take them!!
So there you have it....and bit of a better look into what we really do each day!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Nicki - games for two: we like Gin Rummy, Crib and Quiddler (a word building card game).

    Looks like you are enjoying married life. It was nice to check out your blog and see what's up with you. It's been a while.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mitch and I got Rook for our wedding. He can't remember how to play and I never have. Next time you're here, teach us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, I can't believe you guys have been married for 8 mos., congrats!! I love Rook, I also love Speed and California Speed. Someday when I have a boyfriend, we'll come play Rook with you guys! ;)

    ReplyDelete