Sunday, May 29, 2011

Being Domestic

So Dustin and I decided that it was about time for us to try and start our "garden". But unfortunately we have very little sunlight on our porch and in our house, so we decided to try and get some partial shade plants and see how they did, try to keep it simple since I have a tendency to kill any plants I own. Not on purpose I tell you, but no green thumb here that is for sure. 

However, I would like to post my first success story that almost ended in tragedy this week. We have a plant that my dad gave me for my birthday last year. There were two plants in the pot, but one died of course, but however, this little guy is a trooper. I am pretty sure I water it about every other week if he is lucky, and then  how he gets sun I don't know, but he still has been doing great. So after we planted our "garden" we decided that it was time for this little guy to get some sun and thrive so we put him out on the porch with the rest of the plants. A couple hours later he was almost dead and wilted and very very sad looking. Apparently he doesn't like sun, so we brought him in and the next day he looked all perked up! Now that is my kind of plant! 
 Here is our "garden". We planted basil, mint and parsley. We tied the plants on the outside to try and get some sun for them, we just hope it works!!  Because I sure love some fresh basil. And if this works who knows the possibilities 

1 comment:

  1. Very ingenious work! Now I can picture more what you tried to tell us on the phone a while ago! Hope your garden continues to grow for you.

    ReplyDelete