Sunday, May 29, 2011

One Year Down!!

Ok, so the title is so not true, this past year of marriage for us has been absolutely amazing. It has flown by and we are amazed by all we've learned and how we've grown to rely on each other and how absolutely fabulous marriage has been. It has been amazing to wake up to your best friend each day to share in the laughs and the hard times, but to know that you don't have to face things alone. I am amazed by how Dustin is constantly positive and so determined to make me smile no matter how tired, or sick I might be he still gets me to smile every day! Now that is a blessing!!  

So this last week was our one year anniversary and it was fun to be able to celebrate a little early with Jessica and Carter's wedding and see family and feel like we were getting married all over again, reflecting on the fact that just one year ago it was us in the same temple surrounded by loved ones and family, we just missed having Dustin's family there too to share it with us. 

But last week our anniversary was on Sunday so we decided to go out to dinner Saturday night at the Thai restaurant on the lake by our house. So when I got home from work that day I came home to flowers, and a clean house and a husband ready to go. He let me get cleaned up and we walked to the lake and had some great food. The restaurant was super slow but again good. It was a beautiful day and then we went and walked around the lake and outside for awhile. Then we went home and pulled out the mattresses into the front room and had a sleepover and watched the end of "Muppet's Treasure Island" which I insisted Dustin watch earlier in the week but I fell asleep and so we didn't finish, and then the "Secretariet" which was fabulous and we highly recommend. Then Dustin was so sweet that he asked if I wanted to hear some bedtime stories before we went to bed. So he went to the computer and pushed play. He had recorded some "stories" he had written from our adventures the past year and told them in the format of a fairy tale. It was super sweet and I'm excited that we can have them always!!  
Then on Sunday we of course had nursery and then we went to my parents house for some "Cafe Rio" and to spend time with family. It was a great weekend!! 

Here we are walking around Lake Anne, which is now our favorite place to go walking by our house now. 

 Waiting for the food, see Dustin even makes me laugh when I'm hungry and want to eat!!

 Trying to show off my modeling skills. We passed a girl having a "photo shoot" at the sand volleyball courts by our house in her bikini and I was showing that I could be hot too.
 Dustin showing off his mad modeling skills as well. He's so great!!
We can't wait for the rest of eternity to laugh and have fun together!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think you both do great in the modeling category!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all: You. Look. AMAZING! Second: No way has it already been 1 year!?!?! So happy for you guys! I know you found the perfect match in each other and nothing makes me happier than to see you two having fun and being in love! 1 Year down, forever to go!

    ReplyDelete