Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Boss

So I am sure that you know realize that you will never see another picture of me from now on out and you will only see pictures of Dustin if he is holding "The Boss".  So sorry to disappoint, but please tell me that this doesn't surprise you!! This little guy is the master of the house and so totally proud of that fact. I have learned that the sooner I come to accept this the happier we will all be.

Ok so he's actually a really good baby. Conner is getting better taking naps and sleeping at night and going down to sleep. I always thought it was so funny when my friends just post in their status how long their child slept and blogged about their sleeping habits, but man now I know! This is probably THE most important thing to help keep mommy happy!! I have learned that a tired Nicki = an unhappy mommy = unhappy Conner = tired Conner = tired Dustin = unhappy Dustin and the equation goes full circle!

He is a good baby and has been smiling more lately. It isn't always when we try, but if we play peek-a-boo and laugh he will laugh too. Not every single time, but it is getting more and more frequent. He also LOVES to be where everyone else is. I know he's only 7 weeks old but man this guy doesn't like to miss out on anything and this has been the trouble with him sleeping. He wants to see and do everything we do and he makes it known! He wants to be up and out and looking around.

Here are some recent pictures of him. This is his favorite blanket, trust me I know, he told me himself. And his cute outfit! I love dressing this guy!! For some reason whenever I place him on his changing table to change his diaper or get dressed he laughs and gets really happy. If he's crying sometimes I just put him there and he stops! I guess he likes to be clean or something....

 Sleeping with daddy. This is for sure Daddy's number one hang out style.
 Getting ready to go on a walk. Yes, I make Dustin put him in that, and yes he hates it, but he thanks me when we go outside. Again, I just know he does.
 All bundled and ready! This outfit provided by Kelsey and Adam :)
 In the BOB and ready to go....oh wait....mom almost forgot the most important thing!
 Ah...now we're complete!
 This outfit used to be Dustin's....notice the resemblance...
 So I of course drag Conner with me whenever I want to go out, which tends to be a lot. I get cabin fever pretty easy, so even if it is to the grocery store....out we go!! This day we went on a walk with Conner's fiance and her best friend. The fiance was busy eating so we got a shot with the best friend. She is 10 weeks older than him. I believe he is 6 weeks at this point.
 Of course Conner is the only one crying, these ladies know how to work it! But the one is red is his fiance, she is 3 days younger than him. Yes we have created a future basketball player.
You have to admit though that he's sure working it with these cute ladies!! I think he's even trying to hold hands!! Oh dear!
 This is me trying to catch pictures of Conner when he was laughing. It was the cutest thing ever!! But the lighting was really bad since the sun was setting, but still I think I got a few good shots. And yes, that is the son of Dustin, Superman onsie (Thanks Melanie!!) and Spiderman socks.
 That is a laugh and not a cry I promise!! He kicks like he gets paid for it or something. Often his legs are the first thing I see flying in the air when I walk into his room. They fly up there even when he's sleeping!!
 There were taken today, so he is ALMOST 8 WEEKS! We will find out how much he's grown in 3 more weeks. I can't wait to see how much he weighs!!
 And finally the video of him rolling over!! OK, us reenacting him rolling over and what he did the day before. He has since rolled over from tummy to back a few times on his own since, but of course we have not caught it on video!

2 comments:

  1. He is so adorable!! Love his smiling pictures. Oh, and I'm slightly jealous you have a BOB. But I won't let it come between our friendship :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures and video! Thanks for keeping up on it--it really helps a faraway grandma!!

    ReplyDelete