Ok so of course after going to Georgetown with the ladies from my ward I HAD to take Melanie there!! And of course again it isn't Georgetown without trying Georgetown Cupcakes
but a few lessons learned.....1. Don't eat a whole half dozen cupcakes yourself in one day, you will get sick and never want to eat a cupcake ever again. 2. Don't buy a whole half dozen cupcakes when you really just like frosting, and 3. Even worse when you only like frosting, don't buy said cupcakes and then walk around for hours in the heat where they all melt. 4. Chocolate frosting tastes better after being in the heat than cream cheese frosting 5. Don't forget about the cupcake of the day! It is free!!!
I think that pretty much about sums up our cupcake experience. I'm sure you've guess by now that I'm the cupcake lover that ate 7 (can't forget the cupcake of the day!!) in a 24 hour period. And Melanie is the one that likes frosting but not cake. But I would like to let you know of all the 14 types of Georgetown cupcakes I've eaten in 2 weeks my few favorites (As you can guess I like the speciality cupcakes, check for the cupcake of the day and month on the menu before you go, it changes a lot):
1. Cookies and Cream
2. Chocolate Mint Crunch (BEWARE if you are NOT a chocolate lover you will die from overload! This is rich!!)
2. Also tied for 2nd I'd say is the Peanut Butter Fudge (this peanut butter frosting is delicious!!)
3. Lemon Blossom
4. Salted Caramel
5. Carrot
6. Maple
7. Chocolate 2
8. Chocolate Coconut
9. Chocolate Hazelnut
HOnestly if you are going to try any, try one from the top 5...these things are good!!! But now I need to try some of the other specialty ones...but give me a few months to recover :)
Pictured is the Peanut Butter Fudge
So Melanie, Conner and I walked around and went down to the river again and walked around and went and did some shopping of course. We then went and saw the Tudor House in Georgetown. This was really cool and very beautiful. A neat old house. We had our own personal tour pretty much and after I figured that Conner wanted to look out in the baby carrier rather then facing me, he was a super happy camper and smiled and looked around the whole time. I do recommend going sometime since it is neat and you wouldn't have imagined that there were 8 acres of house and gardens that existed in Georgetown, but they do!! It was the house of Martha Washington's Grand Daughter and was in her family until the 1980's where is was donated to the foundation. I guess I just like old things and old homes, so very cool and just a neat family, connected in all sorts of ways to our nations history. Have I peaked your interest yet??
A shot of the house. Very big, but surprisingly to me not very elaborate at all, especially on the outside. But I'd take a backyard like this any day!!
There you have Georgetown again folks, we like it!! And I love that even though I've lived here for 3 years and been back to visit my Grandparents many times growing up, that there are still things I'm discovering!


No comments:
Post a Comment