Also during Melanie's visit We went on a day trip to Monticello, Jefferson's house. This place is fabulous and totally worth the long drive and the money to go see the house. It is just that every about the house and grounds tell you so much about who Jefferson was. Because not only was so much of his past preserved but he even designed the house himself. And I LOVE this house. Ok, again a part of my obsession with things that are old, but like I said, super neat.
Here we are walking on the grounds. You can't take pictures of the house, but here are some of the beauties of the grounds! I think what I love most about this place is that it is surrounded by woods and trees and feels so secluded and like your own little world out there with this gorgeous view since you are on a mountain top. I would have preferred to live here as well if I were Jefferson!!
Jefferson's lookout by his gardens.
Walking to Jefferson's grave.
Part of the house
Jefferson's grave.
Love this place and the history and the old trees and everything else!!



No comments:
Post a Comment