Friday, July 20, 2012

Lost Phone and Busch Gardens

So this week Dustin and I took a late Anniversary trip to Williamsburg because we got a free tonight stay at a Days Inn there. Mom and Dad and of course Sarah and Ben were so gracious as to watch Conner for two days while we went down.

Ok so it was a blast and we had SO much fun riding roller coasters and then going to the water park the next day. We LOVED the food, entertainment, rides and even the fact that the park is beautiful and super family friendly. I couldn't get over it. And since they are also associated with SeaWorld they also have some areas that are animal preserves and even have 4 bald eagles there who are now unable to fly due to injuries incurred in the wild and so were sent there to be protected. SO cool.

We even decided we know how to handle amusement parks in a heat index of 110 degrees. Get there right when it opens, ride all of the outside rides you want first, then go to the airconditioned ones when it starts to get super hot, then at 2 go back to your hotel and get food and take a nap from exhaustion from the heat and running around, then go back to an airconditioned show at the park (these were amazing, seriously I can't get over how professional they were) and get out at 6pm and then ride the rest of the rides you want. Done and done.

However, on our first ride of the day my dear cell phone tried to escape, apparently we were not good enough owners or something, and it took a nose dive off of the tallest roller coaster at the park by sliding out of Dustin's pocket. Thus I have NO numbers. So if you text or call forgive me when I ask who it is :) Or you can just text me your number now so I know :) Next time I have another back-up for numbers....But thank goodness to my gracious cousins who so kindly donated one of their old Sprint phones for me to use...I had no idea it would be SO expensive with no phone insurance to get another phone!!! It feels good to be connected with the world again....well somewhat.

No comments:

Post a Comment