Another trip we made while in Hong Kong was a trip to Chi Lin Nunnery which was a recommendation given to us by Dustin's friend from work. This was really neat because this was one of the few places Dustin had not seen while he was living in Hong Kong. It was also interesting because you get off the metro in the middle of the city and the next thing you know you are surrounded by these huge and beautiful gardens and this neat place of worship for the nuns.
Here are the pictures of the Nunnery. I thought it was interesting that they don't call it a convent, but I guess that is just a Christian thing?? Anyone? Anyone?
I thought some of the detail was so neat. I think this is the lotus flower again, I couldn't believe how they were EVERYWHERE.
Non we're in the gardens walking around. We had just come back from going to the temple in Hong Kong for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was just a nice, peaceful day. Those pictures to follow of the temple.
That behind us....is a restaurant. Yep!! Just one more thing I loved about Hong Kong.


Would love to see Hong Kong again!!!!!!
ReplyDelete