For my youngest brother Joshua's birthday we went and got a Christmas tree with my family, set it up, and decorated Gingerbread houses and ate Kentucky Fried Chicken. All per Josh's wish. It was fun to think about this because last year was when Dustin and I had been dating and Josh'a birthday was when he decided that he was ready to get a bit more serious and actually hold my hand! But he didn't get around to the hand holding until the next day, but it was the night he decided he was in! So it has been fun to be reliving these things from last year that mean so much to us now. Who ever thought that watching Harry Potter with my parents kissing on the couch next to us and Dustin having to sit between me and David because David kept poking me that he would decide he wanted in on this family!
But of course it was fun too because Josh turned 14!!! And Dustin and I are a bit prideful about our awesome Gingerbread making skills :)
Here we are eating Kentucky Fried Chicken, Joshua's tradition since it is his favorite.
Dustin and our awesome Gingerbread house!! He did the sides and I did the front and then we did the roof together.
SEE!! We're getting pretty good!! I would sure live there!!
Yummy!!!
Showing off all sides of the house, I was so proud of Dustin and how creative he got with the sides of the house and how much he wanted it to look good. I especially liked his idea of the grass.
I thought my flowers had turned out pretty good too!!
A closer look at the grass and Dustin's handywork!!
The other side of the house. The roof actually covers some of the really neat part that he did with the twizzlers.
We think this is a fun tradition for Joshua's Birthday and can't believe that this officially marked the 1 year marker since we really started actually "dating". Happy Birthday Josh!!




That gingerbread house ROCKS! I have never made one that looked that good and I used to decorate cakes and stuff! Sheesh! You guys sure showed me up! I guess that's what happens when you're married and work as a TEAM! :D
ReplyDeleteYES! I am finally up-to-date with Dustin and Nicki's blog! You guys do some awesome stuff and visit amazing places, making old boring people like me feel very sedentary. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWe're just trying to make it look that way Nate. We really spend a lot of time on the couch watching movies and such. We tend to be sedentary too. Plus, you guys were the ones that went snow shoeing not long ago.
ReplyDelete