Monday, January 10, 2011

New York, New York

This post was specifically requested by Jessica since she still had not seen the pictures from New York.  

So for this trip Jessica, Carter, Dustin and I went on Friday, the 3rd weekend in December for a tip to New York and to see Les Miserables. We picked Jess and Carter and headed up Friday afternoon.  We got stuck in miserable traffic heading north, and it took us 7 hours when it should have taken 4. 

We made it to the hotel in New Jersey, thanks to Carter for getting us the hook up with the hotel. The first thing Dustin did was turn on the basketball when we got there.  That is my wonderful husband!!  Man I love him. We then went out walking and went out for some really good Thai.
 So on this trip since Jess and Carter were only dating we had to make a few sleeping adjustments, Jess and me and Dustin and Carter.  I had been teasing Dustin about this, and teased him even more once we got to the room and saw the size of the beds :)
 But the best part was Dustin AND Carter had forgotten to bring their PJ's.  So Jess and Carter went for a hunt late at night and got him some high quality basketball shorts from Rite Aid since it was the only place open.  Dustin just borrowed my PJ's while I wore Jessica's, and she wore her basketball short.  We are sure glad so brought some extras!!  Here is Dustin sporting his new PJ's.
 The next morning we headed out to take the train into the city. 
 Here are some pictures we took while waiting for the train...






 Jessica got a hold of the camera and having some fun.....


 Aboard the train.  NYC here we come!!!!

 Times Square!!!


 We didn't plan this pose, it just worked out that way.....
 Dustin made a new friend at FEO Schwartz, I think he wants to start a new Lego hobby.....
 Man, he was working with the friends on this trip!!  I just want to know how long that took to make....
 Watching the Big Piano Show.
 But nothing compared to playing foosball with barbies!!! 
 That girl kicked his trash....
 Playing in Central Park....

 So the plan was to go skating in Central Park....until we saw the prices!!  So we opted to just walk around and take pictures....








 We then went to Juniors off of Times Square and ate some good food and got some HUGE cheesecake to go.  Dustin had some when we got back to the hotel and went into a food coma....
 Sugar induced food coma...

 Time to snap out of it and start getting ready for Les Miserables!!!

 We made it!!!  So Les Miserables isn't playing on Broadway anymore, but this off Broadway production was amazing!!  Good job to Jessica for finding it!!  They had all these pictures of people who had performed here....Barbara Streisand, Kristin Chennowith (OK I know my spelling is horrible) and even Anna Hathaway??? But seriously, this was really really well done.  Most of the people who performed had had major rolls on Broadway.  And I can't tell you how amazing Jeane Valjeane was.  He even took some of the music UP an Octave!!!




 All dressed up for our night out!!!
 Waiting for the production to begin. 

 Ah!! So excited!!  This was a truly spiritual experience to watch.  Only Dustin had seen this one in person and we all loved it!!  I know I cried...and Dustin too.  This was also super fun because last January was when Dustin and I went with mom, dad and Sarah to see Wicked when we were still dating.  We figured this was a great tradition and a good time to go see a fabulous play.  We just might have to make another trip up their next year for another show!!  Any suggestions??
 In the lobby of the hotel was the coolest gingerbread house I have ever seen so of course we had to take pictures!!  The clock was real too!!
We were really really glad that Jess and Carter planned this trip for us and we went.  It was really good to get to know Carter better and spend time with them together.  And they put up with our silliness, so they pass the test!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment