So I'm trying not to make any duplicated of the photos from my post back on October, but I have to admit that I'm being a bit lazy and just want to get the last of the Hong Kong photos up. As you have probably noticed I'm also trying to catch up on everything from last year, and so there are LOTS of blogs before and after this one to come. But I wanted to finish Hong Kong first. So here are some pictures that we took that I hadn't put in other posts.
This sign was outside of a Christian Church and it was just too funny not to post.

Here we are on the top of the doubledecker bus. We went and took a bus to the other side of Island and saw Dustin's High School. It was neat to be able to walk around and him to show me the gym where he played basketball, went to class, etc. And we were lucky because it was Chinese National Day and so there was no school, but it was unlocked so we could walk around.
A view of the bay from the back side of the Island.
Yep, more shopping!!
My strong man! After a bit of shopping we met up with some family friends of the Hintons where they took us to the American Club and we played cards by the pool. It was SO much fun to just sit and play games and talk. The view was amazing as well over looking one of the bays on the backside of the Island as well. Of course I forgot to take pictures....But then we had a fabulous buffet dinner at the American club. Yum for good food!! I felt funny again eating at a place called the American food, but it was quite the mixture of foods.
We then headed downtown to see the light show and then catch some fireworks. We got the times mixed up for when the fireworks would start, but it worked to our favor since everyone seemed to be taking the buses and it took us awhile to get on a bus that wasn't full.
The most amazing part was we were trying to meet up with Dustin's friend from work and we just planned to meet at the north west corner of one of the parks since we didn't have cell phones. And we found him!! But then again it isn't hard to find a tall skinny white guy. Especially since we went the wrong way off the metro stop and we booked it, and I mean we ran hard for a good 15 min. I was tired.....But this just showed us how dependent we are now on our cell phones, we were just grateful we actually found him and his friends. Here are some of the awesome fireworks. It was a pretty cool show.
Where's Dustin???
More shots of the longest out door escalator in the world.
Eating some really really good dumplings. These were actually really good. It was fun to see the wide variety of food we ate while there. and how Hong Kong even has their own cultural foods as well.
Just happy to be eating something, we were pretty hungry at this point.
Packing to go home. I packed my suitcase as full as I could since we were bringing home 5 new purses...but thank you Dustin for planning a head and bringing an empty suitcase, so I went through all of that trouble for nothing.
Here are some videos we took while here. My favorite are the two at the airport, tired and hungry and ready to be heading home. It was a fabulous trip and makes me excited for our next adventure.







No comments:
Post a Comment