So after we got married in the Washington DC temple we had a luncheon for family and friends who were able to come out. It was beautiful and well done by all the Hintons. It was a very special event and I'm so glad and blessed to have them all in my life!!
So even though Dustin surprised me at the end, after catching up all day with blogs...I don't want to move these....so we'll go out of sequence. Yes, I'm that lazy.
But at the end of the luncheon when I thought we were done Dad Hinton said he was going to turn it over to Dustin for a little bit, and he asked me if I wanted to sit or stand...so I said stand, and he took my hand and his mom started playing the piano and he sang, very beautifully to me, Billy Joel's "She's Got A Way". And what is so crazy is that he didn't know that when I was in High School I wanted a guy to sing that song to me. I LOVE that song. It was perfect. Here are lots and lots of photos of him singing.
Dad and Mom Hinton talking and welcoming everyone.
Dad and Mom Shepherd saying Thank You.
Jess and Sarah listening.
The set up.
Laughing!!
Time for the short program. Each family was asked to do one thing to help everyone else get to know their family better. Here are Sharla and Ladd Hinton. The Hintons all read a poem Melanie wrote about Dustin while Accalia played "Dustin the wind" with a matching slideshow.
Everyone ready for their parts. They did a REALLY good job. There were things in there I had not seen yet, or quotes from Dustin that I had not heard before. It was certainly funny and wonderful at the same time!!
Then the Shepherds got up and danced while singing Mari's version of "Hey Mickey" changed to "Hey Nicki"
The words...which might have been slightly embarrassing as they went through the list of past boyfriends, etc.
Watching the dancing....Can you not see why we lived together??
The girls background in show choir for sure came in handy on this one. It was very funny to watch the boys....in particular Matt....
Ok so we ate before the singing and poem...but again I didn't feel like trying to get everything in order...But the food was very good. Mom Hinton did a great job with getting everything all figured out, and a menu that everyone could eat something.
Matt showing off his little girl.
Happy Happy Happy!








































































No comments:
Post a Comment