Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The House

Dustin and I have been busy getting things for the house and fixing it up. We got some really nice furniture for sale on President's Day because we ran out of storage space and are trying to get better organized and help the house not look so cluttered! Ok and I have to admit that I secretly get immense pleasure from re-arranging and doing anything that has to do with making the house look nice and different. I used to re-arrange my bedroom when I was bored all the time. I mean it....I truly do love it.

I have also joined Pinterest. I told myself not to do it, but once my friend Jenny did it I had to join. I had put it off long enough. But I have to say I'm SO glad I did. Despite the fact that Dustin might feel he loses his wife at times to Pinterest, I have found some great ideas for the house, projects, and even tried some new recipes! We're trying more that I've found this weekend so we'll see how it goes and I can't wait!!

This is a picture of an idea I got off of Pinterest. They taught you how to paint old clear glass vases and I knew I had a ton sitting around and so I thought I'd give it a try. I did and loved it so much I went out and bought a few more to paint. Here is the link for the how to:

http://www.sugarandcharmblog.com/2011/01/easy-and-beautiful-enamel-painted-vases.html


Oh and don't you worry, I have only gotten started! I know you are all excited I'm sure! But I also decided to paint our lamp shade. Notice in the pictures below of the shots of the whole living room how plain it looked! Well, again thanks Pinterest! Now this went from boring to looking like the chair with colors from the centerpiece and soon our pillows that I'm also sewing. Yeah, I'm on a roll here :)

Link for how to paint your lampshade:

http://tatertotsandjello.com/2011/03/stenciled-damask-lampshade-tutorial.html


Here is a picture of our new bed! We just had one of those cheap metal frames but again we needed the storage and I've always, and I mean ALWAYS wanted an iron bed, so we found both! Now we can store things under the bed and look fashionable! Now I just want to make a cute country style comforter....the crafts will never end :)


Seriously I really do love the frame


Here is our new front room with new desk, coffee table, TV stand and rug. I wish I had taken a picture of how it looked before!! But see, there is the lamp before I painted it and the chair I tried to paint it to look like. Now new couches some day...but I'm working on the pillows to match!


See all the storage that our coffee table has! We have our games and other things in there now, which looks so much better!


My favorite is the reading corner. This is Dustin and Conner's favorite place to sit in the morning with the birds eating from the feeder each morning. I love our cute house!!

I feel like an adult now that I've actually bought furniture for the first time ever and it is something that I actually like rather than the hodge podge of free/Craig's List furniture. It is weird that I actually feel like an adult :) And it has just gotten me started thinking of color schemes and painting walls once we finally own our own home and I can paint the walls and put in wainscoting, etc. Can you tell I love this stuff??

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful home, delicious looking cupcakes and DARLING boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed by this lampshade! You must share!

    ReplyDelete